Seven Point Litany
- Correct foot position (when possible), focus on the focus-point.
- Thumb on the safety sets the fit of the shotgun.
- Heel of the stock in the center of the armpit.
- Drop the offside hand away to the seam of the trousers.
- Point the gun-shoulder at the focus-point (call it a gunfighter stance).
- Now with the offside hand pointing along side of the barrels, and with the elbow locked, roll the hand and arm under the barrels until the pointing finger is in the groove between the barrels.
- Keeping the stock firmly against the armpit, coil the shotgun straight back until the gun-hand fingers are touching the chest.