For the Noodles
- 16 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 2 inch lengths (green parts only)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fried shallot (commercially prepared) (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Boil rice stick noodles for 2 minutes or until just soft.
- Rinse under hot water and drain.
- Toss noodles with 2 tbsp oil and keep warm.
- To prepare sauce, mix vinegar with curry powder and turmeric until blended.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha, and ketchup, mixing well.
- Set sauce aside until needed.
- Stir-fry shrimp and chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of oil until until cooked through.
- Add garlic, cabbage, tomatoes and carrots and cook for one minute more.
- Stir in sauce mixture until everything is evenly coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more or until dish is heated through.
- Toss noodles with chopped scallions, cilantro and sesame oil.
- 12. Garnish with fried shallots, if desired.