- 8 fresh lavender heads, rinsed (be sure they are free from chemicals)
- 1 lemon, rind peeled from the fruit in long strips
- 8 firm, ripe peaches (preferably from Palisade, Colorado), peeled, stones removed, sliced
- 375ml Sauternes
- whipping cream with sugar, vanilla, and a hint of almond extract, to serve
1. Arrange the peach slices into a large serving dish, sprinkling the lavender heads and strips of lemon rind over the top.
2. Pour over enough Sauternes over to cover the peaches. Turn the peach slices over a couple of times to coat them, then cover the dish and chill the mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
3. To serve, spoon a portion of peaches in Sauternes into serving bowls and top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.