This recipe takes about 15 minutes to throw together and a couple of hours in the ice cream machine and yields a pint of sorbet which is perfect for 6-8 guests. Sorbet is the essence of elegance–simple, pure and clean tasting–perfect for cleansing the palate between courses.
- 20 oz of canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool, then refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.