This recipe takes about 15 minutes to throw together and a couple of hours in the ice cream machine and yields a pint of sorbet which is perfect for 6-8 guests. Sorbet is the essence of elegance–simple, pure and clean tasting–perfect for cleansing the palate between courses.
- 20 oz of canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool, then refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
This is one of our dinner party favorite’s but it would be fun to compare it to Fanny Farmer’s sherbet recipe.