Recipe adapted from my favorite cooking book, Jacques Pépin from Jacques Pépin: Fast Food My Way. Serves 4.
- 2 T .olive oil
- 1/2 c. rough diced onion
- 1/2 c. chopped scallions
- 2 c. rough diced tomato
- 1 T. coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 c. chicken stock, homemade Kitchen Basics chicken broth
- About 1/2 t. French sea salt
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the onion and scallions.
Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the vegetables, then add the remaining ingredients, except the parsley
Return to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook gently for 1utes.
Remove the lid and boil for a few minutes longer to reduce the liquid
Divide among four bowls, sprinkle parsley on top, and serve.