• 2 T .olive oil
• 1/2 c. rough diced onion
• 1/2 c. chopped scallions
• 2 c. rough diced tomato
• 1 T. coarsely chopped garlic
• 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
• 1/2 c. chicken stock, homemade Kitchen Basics chicken broth
• About 1/2 t. French sea salt
• 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 T. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the onion and scallions.
Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the vegetables, then add the remaining ingredients, except the parsley
Return to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook gently for 1utes.
Remove the lid and boil for a few minutes longer to reduce the liquid
Divide among four bowls, sprinkle parsley on top, and serve.
Recipe partially courtesy of Houghton Mifflin Company, ©2004 Jacques Pépin from Jacques Pépin: Fast Food My Way.