• leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
• 2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
• 2 1/2 oz Peace Maker American Whiskey (which is actually a young bourbon, or Maker’s Mark 100 proof Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey is also our favorite)
• mint sprig for garnish
1. Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a silver julep cup.
2. Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
3. Add the Peace Maker American Whiskey
4. Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the silver julep cup becomes frosty.
5. Garnish with a lot of large mint sprigs, which should fill your nose with aroma as you sip from the cup. Add a short short straw and place in the cup which permits the drinker to smell the mint whilst drinking.Cheers.
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. water
- Sprigs of fresh mint
Make a simple syrup by boiling sugar and water together for five minutes. Cool and place in a covered container with six or eight sprigs of fresh mint, then refrigerate overnight. Make one julep at a time by filling a julep cup with crushed ice, adding one tablespoon mint syrup and two ounces of bourbon. Stir rapidly with a spoon to frost the outside of the cup. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.