- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.