Singapore Street Noodles
- 16 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 2 inch lengths (green parts only)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fried shallot (commercially prepared) (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
1. Boil rice stick noodles for 2 minutes or until just soft.
2. Rinse under hot water and drain.
3. Toss noodles with 2 tbsp oil and keep warm.
4. To prepare sauce, mix vinegar with curry powder and turmeric until blended.
5. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha, and ketchup, mixing well.
6. Set sauce aside until needed.
7. Stir-fry shrimp and chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of oil until until cooked through.
8. Add garlic, cabbage, tomatoes and carrots and cook for one minute more.
9. Stir in sauce mixture until everything is evenly coated.
10. Cook for 1-2 minutes more or until dish is heated through.
11. Toss noodles with chopped scallions, cilantro and sesame oil.
12. Garnish with fried shallots, if desired.