Manchego & Membrillo Tapas
- 8 thin slices of toasted or grilled French baguette, sliced on the diagonal,
- 5oz./150g Manchego Cheese
- 8 tsp./40 ml Membrillo Paste
- a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- a few turns of French sea salt from the grinder
- the same for freshly ground black pepper
Cut each slice of bread into halves, having dropped a bit of olive oil on each and toasting on the grill or in the oven. Cut the manchego cheese into medium slices, just big enough to top the bread, and remove any rind. Place a slice of cheese on each bread slice and top with a thin slice of membrillo paste. Season with a grinding of French sea slat and a grinding of black pepper. Arrange the tapas on a serving platter or cover each glass with one per guest.